Go Down

Topic: Vending machine / robot project advice (Read 4147 times) previous topic - next topic

May 25, 2012, 10:17 pm Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:41 am by alanesq Reason: 1
Latest news:
I have just had it take my cup from the coffee table, all the way to the vending machine and get a drink dispensed !!
It is a bit hit and miss and I doubt it would manage to do it 2 times in a row without any problem, but it has managed at least once to work :-)

here is a video of it collecting a drink - http://youtu.be/IEv-7nvYL1M

I think my biggest problem now is the caster I am using at the back, when the robot has been turning and tries to go in a straight line again it tends to throw it off course.  I have ordered an omnidirectional caster which I am hoping will resolve this problem but it is coming from the USA so may take a while to arrive.  
Until I get this I don't think there is much more I can do.
www.alanesq.com

May 27, 2012, 12:15 pm Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 01:35 pm by alanesq Reason: 1
UPDATE:  IT IS OK, I HAVE SORTED THIS PROBLEM :-)
just had to comment out a line in the servo.h file to stop it using timer1

Can someone give me some advice regarding timed interrupts please:

I have fitted a servo to the front ultrasound sensor so I can rotate it round, this is going to help a lot as I will be able to check if the wall in front or to the side is square on or not using this.

Problem is, when I came to use the servo I found my sketch wont compile :-(
Comes up with an error saying Vector17 has already been defined ????
I have tracked the problem down to my using a timed interrupt in my robot sketch, if I disable this then all works ok

I presume this is because the servo library is trying to use the same timer that I am?   as I am using a mega I understand I have timers 4,5 and 6 I can use instead but when I try to change the script it still gives the error

the interrupt code I have is below, if anyone can help out it would be much appreciated (I must admit I don't really understand all this interrupt stuff, just copied the code from elsewhere)

www.alanesq.com

strykeroz

here is a video of it collecting a drink - http://youtu.be/IEv-7nvYL1M
Just magnificent.  If we could teach it to do stairs I'd be adding this to my project list too ;)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Jun 09, 2012, 02:39 pm Last Edit: Jun 10, 2012, 12:04 pm by alanesq Reason: 1
lol - maybe next year ;-)

I am getting close now to having it ready to start using
One of the main problems I am having is the PS2 mouse seems to occasionally just stop responding and this results in the robot going off in a random direction until it crashes :-(
www.alanesq.com

Just a final update:

The robot is now pretty much finished and is working well :-)

I still have a problem with the PS2 mouse occasionally just stopping responding - I am still looking into this
but apart from that it is collecting a drink ok pretty much most attempts

full video here: http://youtu.be/1dh4FiS4YO4
www.alanesq.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy