Go Down

Topic: Logging depths found using Hawkeye Digital Depth Finder (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

BraxtonPlatt

Hello,

I have been working on a project for a robot that is supposed to be a water calibration system.  It has been going well, but I have run into a bit of a hiccup.  I was given a Hawkeye Digital Depth Finder and told to use it as a sonar sensor.  I can get power to it with ease, but the problem is that I am supposed to find a way to log the data that would show up on the screen of the depth finder (save the depths found rather than display them on a screen).  So far there has been no luck in this endeavor.  If anybody has dealt with a similar problem to this I would greatly appreciate some advice/pointers.

Thank you in advance,

Braxton Platt

el_supremo

If it is something like this
you're probably out of luck:
Interface Inputs/Outputs: None
Pete
Don't send me technical questions via Private Message.

Chagrin

The practical way to do this (and the only way I've seen it done) is by using a sonar/depth sensor that sends NMEA messages (like a GPS). Expect to pay around $200.

If you want to do it the impractical way, then you would use a computer and camera to read the display and interpret it. Perhaps that's not necessarily too impractical though, since programs like SSOCR exist.

jremington

I am supposed to find a way to log the data that would show up on the screen of the depth finder
The only realistic approach is to have someone write down the numbers.

Go Up