Go Down

Topic: NeoGPS - configurable, ultra-small RAM footprint (Read 3226 times) previous topic - next topic

/dev

Well, it ain't broke, but...

I tried your latest suggestion [after GLL COMPLETED] early on and got no satellites.
Did you use total_satellites or num_sats_copied?  You should have used total_satellites for updating the display.  num_sats_copied gets reset to 0 in preparation for the next interval -- it is only useful for building the safe array, not for updating the view.

write to the TFT display... takes ~2.5 seconds
Dang, are you drawing 1 million pixels?

Sometimes you have to get a bigger hammer.  :)

Cheers,
/dev

bliksem

Now that it's working, I'm reluctant to mess with it anymore.  I suspect that some of my success is due to some inadvertently lucky timing (when I retrieve data w/r to when NeoGPS is parsing) that's unique to my system.

RE pixels: I'm writing to a 320x480 TFT LCD display (Adafruit), over an SPI bus, which uses serial data transfer.  The 8 MHz Arduino Pro Mini is very slow, not able to write to the display and keep up with the gps's one-second update rate.  That's why I went to a Teensy 3.2 - it's just loafing along and well able to handle everything in time -- and it's ready and waiting for the next gps sentence string to occur.

I'll run it for a week or so, to see that it's stable -- and not just some lucky hacked fluke.

Regards,
bliksem

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy