Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problems with l293ne  (Read 540 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everybody, I amdeveloping the l293ne ic to control a simple motor. What I have made so far is to join with solder the ic on a stripboard as you can see in the picture. Before join the stripboard I checked it and it worked, but now it doesnt. Can anyone check my connections in order to see if I have something wrong.

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for any inconvenience.

Enrique

* schematic_bb.png (40.44 KB, 1131x734 - viewed 17 times.)

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

How about a photo of the underside of the stripboard, so we can see which tracks you cut?

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

View Profile

Sorry, I did not notice that the connections could not being tracked ;-)

Thank you!

* schematic_bb.png (42.59 KB, 1131x734 - viewed 19 times.)

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

Your circuit doesn't include the output diodes. The L293D variant has these built in, the L293NE does not. Running the chip with a motor or other inductive load but no diodes is likely to damage the chip.

Also, you should connect all 4 ground pins together, however this is probably not too important.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

View Profile

Thank you for your reply, I tested it a while ago and it was the grounds what was wrong. Anyway, I dindnt know about the diodes, so I will change the schematics.

Thank you again

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: