Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New user, question about keyboard/mouse input.  (Read 1447 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I want to make a simple project, that involves reading input from keyboard and a mouse. After searching all I've found so far is that ps/2 peripherals work better than the usb ones.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial that shows more about this? I dont need it all handed to me just a nudge in the right direction! And maybe a website that sells ps/2 connectors? Thanks

edit: is it as simple as soldering a ps/2 port and use the programming language to handle the rest? I am a programmer so I can search the reference if that is all i need to do...

edit2: found it lol http://arduino.cc/blog/2010/01/29/connecting-a-ps2-keyboard-to-an-arduino/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:43:59 pm by unicoder » Logged

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

you can get ps/2 connectors from old computers obiously, but they sell them at most real electronics shops, you need a 6 pin mini-din ... for example I got some really sweet panel mount ones from digikey recently, though they just had round pins to solder onto (probably meant for a crimp connector) though since I have wirewrap tools, no problem, though its something to watch out for.

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

Meh, that's another time you just hamhand the soldering and then slather the whole business in a half a pound of epoxy.  Wrap it duct tape for that "professional, polished" look.

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

lol, been there done that many times

Edison Member
View Profile

Lmao I've done that with a 22 pin connector, solder and fill, and wrap very professional  smiley-lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: