Go Down

Topic: SSD1306 OLED with potentiometer input and servo output (Read 87 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello All,

First time posting here and hoping for some advice. I'm trying to use a Nano, 10k potentiometer, servo, and 1.3" OLED display.

My goal is to display potentiometer percentage (0-5v on A0) on the SSD1306 OLED in percentage and control the servo with the same analog input. I have no issues doing this with the 16x2 LCD display. My only problem is using the SSD1306 OLED (libraries seem limited). All I need is numeric display and percentage sign. I've tried adafruit ssd1306 and GFX as well as OzOLED with no luck.

Am I missing something that is easily achieved or are the libraries out there not enough to complete this project? I am not well versed in C++ programming.

Thanks in advance, it is appreciated.

Post a photo of the display showing the pinouts.

I'm using I2C to communicate. I had to change the address to 0X3C to make it work. Please see attached. Thanks.

Have you been able to display any characters at all?.

Does this have a 3.3 or 5v interface? If it is a 3.3v interface, are you using level shifters?

Yes, I have. I can display using the generic adafruit library as well as the ozoled library.

I'm guessing that you need some code to convert an int to a character array that is compatible with the driver.

Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131