Go Down

Topic: Tutorial for hacking a CP2102 USB from ebay and uploading a sketch to an Atmega (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic

msev

Did you swap them because of the pinout on your arduino, or because the board was mislabeled (that rx was labelled as tx?)?

Brad Burleson

Did you swap them because of the pinout on your arduino, or because the board was mislabeled (that rx was labelled as tx?)?

My Arduino board uses the standard FTDI pinout if that helps (I only bought the CP2102's to test).  I believe this board actually has RX/TX marked correctly since with my other TTL/USB adapter also crosses TX/RX.

FWIW,

Brad.

xl97

its common form what I have seen..

some mark it as to what it GOES to.. an some mark it as what it IS..

once of the first things I try to swap when an FTDI sketch upload fails..

what/where are these boards you are getting??  (that has the DTR pin broke out)

my cheapie cables only ave 4 lines (5 if you count the 3.3v pad)  5v+, GND, RX, TX..

I hve to manually hit the reset button to upload sketches.. not a problem.. but going forward.. some projects wont have a reset button at all.

retrolefty

what/where are these boards you are getting??  (that has the DTR pin broke out)

Here are the ones I bought, can't beat the price: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370532286388?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Lefty

xl97

you dont have to use the 6-pin header do you?

I mean treat this like any other FTDI cable..yes?

as long as I run 5v+, GND, RX, TX to my chip.. Im good.. I can then use/tap the DTR pad from the bottom of the board to use on the DTR of the circuit Im uploading my sketch to....right?

a shame it was brought out on top like the other pins.

also is there a driver for it?

thanks

Go Up