Go Down

Topic: Change device PID/VID? (Read 241 times) previous topic - next topic

revealer

Hello guys, I've been searching this for the last few days without success..

I need to change a device's PID/VID, on an Atmel Chip with native USB support. Something like the AT90USB162 for example (it's not 100% decided this is the chip, but let's go with it).

How can it be done?
I have access to an Arduino UNO, Leonardo, Mega and a ZeptoProgII programmer. Would I need any other hardware other than the programmer?

I really have no idea on how to accomplish this, because Google is oddly quiet on this matter (or at least my searching technique is really bad this time :/ )...

The goal is to make devices that are properly recognized by other hardware on input. For example, I build a "mainframe" where I can connect an weather station (for example) through USB, and it immediatly recognizes the device, and acts accordingly.

Do you guys have any ideas for this?

P.S. - I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, as I will not be using an actual arduino. But since every electronics I build was made on top of arduino, this will pretty much be the same, but using a different chip this time.

Thanks!

RenWin

Nov 11, 2014, 08:38 pm Last Edit: Nov 11, 2014, 08:39 pm by RenWin
Sorry I cant speack english but look: FTDI Utilities ---> FT_Prog

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy