Go Down

Topic: Projector ballast bypass (Read 430 times) previous topic - next topic

Riva

Try the below code.
You will need to adjust the timing arrays to match you findings but it now does all the values in an array and not just the first one over.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

frankwilsonshat

Have updated your code with my new timings.
Had to experiment a little with the numbers to get as close a match to the original signal as possible as this seems quite critical to the projector.
Your code works 100%, no issues at all with that:-)
The projector now starts up as it would when the bulb and ballast are good, albeit with the ballast disconnected and the bulb removed.
Where I'm running into problems is with the repeating sequence, there seems to be more to this than just a regular pulse, the timings possibly.

I have added more lines of code to try and emulate the timings of the original;

delay(3528);

xSend 3 bytes

delay(3108); 

xSend 3 bytes

delay(3239)
etc,etc            (May have to run original again for longer to check for repetition, can't see any so far)

before I did this it was getting to this point and cutting off, now it does run for longer, however it is still cutting off so I am looking at running the SA again on the complete projector for a closer look.
I have a number of options here, suffice to say I'm fairly confident the projector is very close to staying on.
I may even do what I did before and run it next to the good projector with the ballast wire and gnd wires linked over to check what happens on a longer run time etc.

Riva

As the signal your trying to emulate is a serial signal it might have both the RX & TX connected, and maybe the module/thing that is sending it only does so when requested by the ballast?
might be worth looking for a return serial signal (or maybe something as simple as a line pulsed high/low) from the ballast that is a request signal.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

frankwilsonshat

As the signal your trying to emulate is a serial signal it might have both the RX & TX connected
That's what it's doing, I'm going to have to reorganise my setup and take another look, not had a chance to do much at the moment.

There's a 2400 baud signal being sent out by the projector to the ballast, will write back as soon as I've got an idea on the bytes being sent.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy