Go Down

Topic: Mindflex headset hack problem - blank serial monitor output (Read 308 times) previous topic - next topic

garethjazz

We have done the brain hack here http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-Bluetooth-to-an-EEG-headset-for-Mind-contro/ with a mind flex duel player 2 headset. We have used the HC-06 bluetooth module (57600 Baudrate) soldered up the grnd to grnd, Tx to Rx and Vcc to positive. We are using the brainwave OSC software to read the output from the headset however there is no signal being received even though the software has connected to the HC-06.

Any help would be much appreciated!

travis_farmer

We have done the brain hack here http://www.instructables.com/id/Adding-Bluetooth-to-an-EEG-headset-for-Mind-contro/ with a mind flex duel player 2 headset. We have used the HC-06 bluetooth module (57600 Baudrate) soldered up the grnd to grnd, Tx to Rx and Vcc to positive. We are using the brainwave OSC software to read the output from the headset however there is no signal being received even though the software has connected to the HC-06.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Maybe the brain is not transmitting. ;)
(just joking, really I have never used one.)

~Travis
I'm not crazy, I'm Autistic! (Asperger's)
DCC++ controlled Train Layout: Prototype Phase

OldSteve

A Mindflex sends serial data at 9600 baud, not 57600 baud. (At least mine do.)
I think the Neurosky headsets use 57600, and you can reconfigure the TGAM1 chip in a Mindflex to send at 57600, but they default to 9600.

I've hacked a couple of the Mindflex headsets, and had no trouble with comms. My problem is actually willfully controlling 'Attention' and 'Meditation'. Nothing I did gave any impression that I was controlling anything, and even almost falling asleep didn't make 'Attention' drop and/or 'Meditation' rise.
Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy