Go Down

Topic: Denver Automation Fair -- Micro report (Read 864 times) previous topic - next topic

justjed

I went to the Automation Fair at Club Workshop with pretty much no expectations, and I have to say that those were met. There was only one table set up with the Arduino conspicuously present. So, I'll give the folks at Mad Scientist Hut a shout-out for that. I spent some time chatting with them, and they're very decent folks. I was impressed by their use of Lego bricks for prototyping. I was somewhat surprised to see no representation from SparkFun.

By far, the star of the show (IMHO) was the 10-shot autoloading pneumatic tennis ball canon. Not really "automation" as most would consider the term, however. Yes, there were robots and autonomous vehicles in attendance, including a nicely done dune-buggy sort of thing with a school bus body, using an ARM processor, and a dancing robot which I didn't get close enough to look at, due to the insufferable subwoofer. :P
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy