Go Down

Topic: Mag Lock System - Startup Check (Read 442 times) previous topic - next topic

OldSteve

Feb 03, 2016, 03:51 am Last Edit: Feb 03, 2016, 03:51 am by OldSteve
Was this a PCB you cut yourself? I did see the designations on the reverse but they aren't immediately familiar to me, say as a brand.
"Control Electronics" is me. I've got all of the stuff here to design and etch my own boards. It's one of my favourite parts of the hobby.
Thanks for the kind words on the results. I take pride in trying to make neat, clean boards. The copper is coated with a layer of PCB lacquer, so it never oxidises and loses that shine.

To be plain, I have to ask if you'd be open to me picking your brain with regarding some of the above mentioned, aside from a few other projects? Obviously within reason and well and away of anything personally proprietary. Perhaps PM me if so? I don't know policy for the forums as far as off-topic or crazy long threads. Either way, any consideration is appreciated as much as the assistance already provided!
No problems at all. There's nothing proprietary in my methods. To avoid cluttering this thread more than I already have, I'll PM you with a little more info. Now back to business.....

To the project at hand:

Minor delay on the breadboard wiring, had a NAS pack it in and fail on my home server. Had to help swap that back out.

Given that the current layout... Here:

It occurs to me that I have only accounted for the "test" circuitry in getting to understand the process of making this whole addition work (the system check, that is). The original file uses a few more relays. Would it be quite difficult to expand it? Or perhaps just a replication of the components to the left of the 15k for instance?
Yep, I thought I'd mentioned this.
You're right - you only need to "replicate the components to the left of the 15K" resistor, then tack additional stages on at that junction, (the junction of the diodes and R5). Then when any of the relays fails to operate, a 'LOW' will be present at the digital I/O pin, (D7).
Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

Vespen

Yep, I thought I'd mentioned this.
You're right - you only need to "replicate the components to the left of the 15K" resistor, then tack additional stages on at that junction, (the junction of the diodes and R5). Then when any of the relays fails to operate, a 'LOW' will be present at the digital I/O pin, (D7).
Excellent! Alright. To get moving again I am going to check the original schematic with my board and ensure I don't botch another controller (tiny waterfalls are evidently rare) and then, pending that and prior to more complex wiring, I will sketch out my understanding of the additions and toss it up. Sound agreeable?

OldSteve

Excellent! Alright. To get moving again I am going to check the original schematic with my board and ensure I don't botch another controller (tiny waterfalls are evidently rare) and then, pending that and prior to more complex wiring, I will sketch out my understanding of the additions and toss it up. Sound agreeable?
Yep. :)
Please do not PM me for help. I am not a personal consultant.
And others will benefit as well if you post your question publicly on the forums.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy