Go Down

Topic: Making the Cortino (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

pracas

If you would have made a single sided ARM board it would have been a "first" and would have never worked to spec.

nay... i don't understand PCB design and component behavior so well... and thought of it as a possibility.. perhaps you can design one batman ;)
Be The Change...

westfw

If you would have made a single sided ARM board it would have been a "first" and would have never worked to spec.

I designed a single-sided breakout board for the Luminary 3S10x series.   But those have only 28 pins and run at 20MHz, and I never actually built it so I don't know whether it actually worked.  The design phase itself was pretty "illuminating."  "In what way is a 28pin ARM chip different from a 28pin AVR chip?" (7 power supply pins and 4 "extra" jtag pins start the list...)

ArduinoAndy

12 BIT A/D - need I say more.  ;)
"Never trust an Internet bully who insults and makes fun of your level of intelligence."

westfw

Hmm.  Interesting points.  High-res A-D converters in MPUs are someone notorious, and I've seen references to all sorts of special mechanisms to get reasonable resolution out of them (like putting the rest of the CPU to sleep while the A-D does the conversion, IIRC.)  And I guess you'd have to start by actually implementing those separate power supplies...

westfw

Huh.  atXmega (which also has a 12bit A-D converter) in the 48-pin package has its analog power pins immediately adjacent to the crystal oscillator pins!  That's just so ... Grr.

Go Up