Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Multiplexing help  (Read 414 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have a 2x2x2 led cube i made and I am trying to figure out how to write the code, my problem is that i want to set digital pins 0, and 1 as a ground (is that even possible?). I am not using transistors ither, do i have to use them to make my cube work? I hope my question is understandable, thank you.  I can post pictures if needed.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

I am not using transistors ither, do i have to use them to make my cube work?
The code will work fine, but your arduino will probbly fry. What value of resistors are you using? Using pins 0 & 1 is not a good idea as they are used to upload program's to the arduino.

View Profile

I am using a 100ohm resistor on each of the four positive legs, i havent plugged anything in yet so thanks for the warning i will stray away from using those pins in the future. Are pins 0, and 1, not able to handle the current? Or is it just safer to not use them and risk blowing your data pins?

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

You won't blow pins 0 & 1 but you will interfere with program uploading and you won't be able to do any serial print debuging.

View Profile

ohh that explains some problems i was haveing with uploading sketches while a sketch was running, thanks.
I got my code figured out today in school and my cube is now blinking away next to me.   thanks for the help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: