Go Down

Topic: problem with serial lcd from YwRobot, LCM1602 IIC (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

Andy2No

Couldn't you just rename the new library so the two can coexist?

I haven't looked into how libraries are organised yet, but I assume it's just a set of C++ classes.  If you rename any classes that are the same in the standard library, change all the references to them to match, and rename the new library, I would have thought that would do it.

jgrina

Andy,

I started with the assumption that the I2C version was a separate library, but it is not. It is a replacement for the official LCD library plus I2C.

floresta

Nov 19, 2013, 11:45 pm Last Edit: Nov 20, 2013, 04:25 am by floresta Reason: 1
EDIT: NO I AM NOT AN IDIOT.  The reply to which this message relates was posted on November 19, 2013 and then removed after I posted this.  I usually include a quote to avoid situations like this but I forgot to do that this time.

You have resurrected another old thread.

I have the same advice for you today as I did yesterday: -->
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=138674.msg1473520#msg1473520

You should use the old threads for reference, but start a new one for your problem.

Don

raschemmel

Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,
DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

raschemmel

Don,
I know you said this is an old thread but I got my YwRobot I2C LCD working.with some help from Liu Shuan at
DFROBOT.  Do you want me to do anything with the information or just drop the subject ?
Your call. I am trying to offer a solution to the above posts on the "old thread'.
Based on the above posts isn't this relevant ?
You 'suggested' I open a new thread. What should I call it ? (YwRobot: "No Problem found ?"
If you say no I'll remove this post.
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,
DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

Go Up