Go Down

Topic: Looking for LCD GURU - s6d0139 driver need init tips - 2.6" LCD from ebay (Read 10587 times) previous topic - next topic

casemod

Thank you very much for the tips.

Sadly my display does not have the S6D0139 controller. As anything else I tried I just get a blank screen, so i am guessing the manufacturer changed the panel type.

Until someone can figure out what the controller is I advise to stay away from this display. As mentioned this is a first in which the controller ID is not reported, rather comes out as 0.

My display does not have the icons on the lower corner of the touchscreen as advertised on several eBay photos.

It has a reference "028QVT006A" on the back.

danix13

I tried all the combinations/libraries my screen stays white. I have an identical looking one that works. However the pin notations is the same the mcufriend.com and all other components look the same but the circuit lines are a bit different. I cannot get this LCD to work. The seller included a *.rar archive file that had an entire Arduino Environment with an example. However it was missing the TouchScreen library I've added that and still got nothing. The screens stays white no matter what I do.
***Any*** advice would be highly appreciated!

Krydder

I struggled with this display, then finally I found the data sheet and worked through until I got the display working

I have the 2.8 inch display

The data sheet is at http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/pub/Main/CreativeZENXFi/DS-S6D0139_V0-5_Preliminary.pdf

The offending code sequence is in LCDTFT.cpp which results in the whitewashed colours
0x0002, 0x0700

Comment out the line and try your code again

//    0x0002, 0x0700, //  field 0 b/c waveform xor waveform

I've attached a ZIP file of the TFTLCD library from my Arduino software, which has been modified
And a copy of a test file that should be useable with the library

Anyway, I hope this helps

Andrew

Tried the graphicstest. Screen goes dark and nothing happens.

carmojos

I am having the same problem with the same screen. I've tried about every library I can find.

ruelj2

Finaly got it work after few hours of online research!!

This library is working for the cheap touch screen found on ebay that everyone's trying to get working, written on back : mcufriend.com

Try the graphicstest and tftpaint in the SWTFT/exemples folder

enjoy :D  :D  :D

P.S.:
If the y axis is inverted when your try paint, modify the line 109 for:
p.x = (map(p.x, TS_MINX, TS_MAXX, tft.width(), 0));

hi ruelj2
thank' for the libraries I had a with screen and now with tftpaint  all is ok.
I have only a problem with graphicstest = all is inverted !..... I must see the  display in a mirror.
have you had the same problem?.
thank's again

ruelj2

I have only a problem with graphicstest = all is inverted !..... I must see the  display in a mirror.
have you had the same problem?.      
Yes Until I got what was wrong.. The SWTFT.cpp was not correcly adapted to realise display inversion...
After few hours trying to make it work I finaly abandoned and I used the TFTLCD components of this article but a little modification.

Note: to assing a point of the touchscreen, you'll have to use the line

" TSPoint p = ts.getPoint(); "
instead of
" Point p = ts.getPoint(); "

so here's the final working Libraries and exemples! I added a tool to convert image for creating bit map!

Great and good job . All ok, thank's again for your work.
I can test now my displays

goltermc

I spent quite a while trying several "libraries" out with no success. Just a white screen.
I finally settled in on using the AdaFruit AdaTFTLCD library. I started putting serial print statements within the readID method and the problem went away. The sample code I'm using looks like this

tft.reset();

uint16_t identifier = tft.readID();

By putting a delay (serial.print statement) into readID , I was allowing the reset operation to complete! I have not looked at the specs for the chipset which drives the display BUT it is often the case that a hardware reset takes a lot of time. In the end I put a delay(500) inside of the tft.reset method. I now read the device id successfully and have everything working.

You could also put the delay into the arduino setup code like this

tft.reset();

delay(500);

ARJunior

Hi,

Putting a delay do the job !
Well done ;)

I spent quite a while trying several "libraries" out with no success. Just a white screen.
I finally settled in on using the AdaFruit AdaTFTLCD library. I started putting serial print statements within the readID method and the problem went away. The sample code I'm using looks like this

tft.reset();

By putting a delay (serial.print statement) into readID , I was allowing the reset operation to complete! I have not looked at the specs for the chipset which drives the display BUT it is often the case that a hardware reset takes a lot of time. In the end I put a delay(500) inside of the tft.reset method. I now read the device id successfully and have everything working.

You could also put the delay into the arduino setup code like this

tft.reset();

delay(500);

GraXXoR

It has taken me nearly two weeks to find this thread after pulling my hair out (look at my profile pic and you'll see just how much hair I have pulled out) and reading up on "mcufriends.com" or whatever was written on the back of my shield.
Anyway, this is my first post on this forum. I don't usually cave in, but I am at a loss at what to do... I downloaded the 1.25mb zip kindly provided by ruelj2 into my libraries folder, but when I try to compile it, I get the following error:

Arduino/Sketchbook/libraries/TFTLCD/glcdfont.c:9:23: error: variable 'font' must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of '__attribute__((progmem))'
 static unsigned char  font[] PROGMEM = {
                       ^

Is this a problem with the new 1.60 IDE?

Thx for any help... You guys rock!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy