Go Down

Topic: thermistor issues... (Read 619 times) previous topic - next topic

massib80

Hi all, I've recycled a thermistor from a device working with only 1 AAA battery.

Now, using the thermistor on the Arduino providing 3.3v to the thermistor and using a 10k resistor I have a temperature reading that is almost double of the current temperature.

I thought may be down the fact that I'm using double the voltage, so I simply divide the temperature by 1.8 and I get a correct value, however after several minutes the values are dropping by 10 degrees, if I reset the board the readings are correct again.

What is wrong? should I use a resistor to feed only 1.2 volts to the thermistor?
Let's make a satellite

winner10920

What is the resistance of the thermistor? Its not linear so you may be calculating wrong

massib80

Hi, I actually don't have any specification about the thermistor, I've recycled it from a cheap digital thermometer…

Would it be useful if I read the resistance with a multimeter knowing the ambient temperature? (or bathing it into ice?)
Let's make a satellite

winner10920

Yes puttin a multimeter on it would be helpful or any writing on it

massib80

ok, now I get good readings, it was a software issue, now I've cleaned up my code and I get consistent readings even after 12 hours...
Let's make a satellite

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy