Go Down

Topic: Help with POV Clock sketch (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello all you Arduino experts out there.

First off I have posted for some guidance before and I got some great advice but I still need some help.

I am working on a POV clock project but I need some help with the code. So far I have learned how to do basic programming of my Arduino UNO, such as blinking LED's and a Knight Rider sequence. I also did a very very basic POV that will spell out a predefined word that reads from an X-Y grid. I have looked at many many many internet sites for Arduino specific POV clock code but I cannot find much. Although I have found plenty using PIC's. I am hoping someone can point me into some Arduino sketch code to make one.

So far here is what my plans are and what parts I have.

I would like to use 8-LED's but I am willing to change that if its too much of a problem (I don't think it would be much different than a smaller cluster of LED's)

I also want the characters to appear as 5 LED's wide, which seems pretty common.

I am going to be using an Adafruit RTC DS1307 breakout board to take care of the clock stuff.

I am thinking that I need to sample the time portion from the RTC then somehow map a character set to each digit from the RTC then display them. I don't know where to start.

The motor speed control will be independent from the Arduino stuff.

My electronics experience is very extensive so I am just asking for help with a POV Clock code or help getting an RTC clock code to work with a POV code. I do have some experience in programming some other microcontrollers like 8051's in assembly (yuck), and I have learned how to write C code but not at an expert level.

Thanks everyone.

Oh and please go easy on me since this is my very first post and I am new to this stuff.

There's got to be someone out there that has made a POV clock similar to what I want to make. Help guys!!!

Do not post this thread multiple times. You abandoned your other post, where I gave help already. Bad forum behavior!
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131