Go Down

Topic: 101 vs 104 capacitor (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dashiznitz

Can some tell me if the difference between a 101 and a 104 capacitor.  Listed 101=100pF and 104 = .1uF. Aren't they the same?????

RuggedCircuits

Nope, you've got your SI prefixes mixed up a bit. 0.1uF is 100nF, which is 100000pF.

--
The Basic Motor Driver: simple, inexpensive motor driver for 1 stepper motor or 2 DC motors

dashiznitz

Oh duh.    Can I delete this post.   Lol :smiley-eek-blue:

James C4S

Oh duh.    Can I delete this post.   Lol :smiley-eek-blue:

Yes, but consider... If one person asks a question, someone else probably will too.  Maybe the next person will find this post in a search.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Techone

I agree with James C45 here. I know, it sound simple, but to the newbe in electronics, it is not so simple. It a bit comfusing.

OK let analyse this up.

101  ---> you read like a resistor code except the numbers are already there for you. The "unit" is the multiplier. So it is 1 0 0 pF . p is pico 10 exp -12 u is micro 10 exp -6 and n is nano 10 exp -9.

104  --->  is 1 0 -->  0000 <-- 4 zeros   so it is  10 0000 pF re-arrange --> 100 000 pF is also 0.1 uF you decimal point is move toward the left 6 position 100 nF , the decimal point is move toward the left 3 position.

In other words... think Metric...  ;)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy