Go Down

Topic: What hardware can drive one long row of 100 LEDs (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

David82

Yep. That would make more sense.

Looking down the road, I need to find someone Ican pay to develop this into a finished product (no arduino). I've had batches of hardware parts machined before but not electronics. Where would I post my complete, detailed, requirements so that I can receive bids on a finished product?

CrossRoads

Here would be fine. Would be simple to make an arduino like board that could control 100 LEDs.
This one does 96 with 12 shift registers (top of the board) and an ATMega328 (bottom section of the board).
Adding 1 more shift register should  for full 100 should be possible.
Or use as is for 96.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

David82

Apr 23, 2012, 03:07 am Last Edit: Apr 23, 2012, 03:09 am by David82 Reason: 1
Guess what; I only really need 88. They need to be in a row, consist of only red and green LEDs. The finished product would look like this but have 88 LEDs:
It would connect via USB and have a C# example code that would illustrate turning each one one and off. It could also be serial since I could still use a Serial-to-USB converter but USB would be best. If you can't do all of that even supplying the boards and wiring would be useful.

CrossRoads

This board would do that nicely. Plug a FTDB Basic USB/Serial adapter or equivalent onto the FTDI header, send in 12 bytes via serial (start byte & 11 data bytes for the 88 LEDs), the uC  sends out 11 bytes via spi.transfer to light the LEDs up. Leave on for some predetermined time, or turn off if not turned on in the next chunk of data received.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

David82

This board would do that nicely. Plug a FTDB Basic USB/Serial adapter or equivalent onto the FTDI header, send in 12 bytes via serial (start byte & 11 data bytes for the 88 LEDs), the uC  sends out 11 bytes via spi.transfer to light the LEDs up. Leave on for some predetermined time, or turn off if not turned on in the next chunk of data received.
OK. What services can you provide on this project?

Go Up