Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth Controlled Fan Help (Read 698 times) previous topic - next topic

JamesR913

I am looking to use my Uno to control a fan via bluetooth from my android phone.  I have the Uno and a few other minor pieces such as a breadboard and jumper wires but am not sure exaclty what else I need.  All the fans I see are 12VDC and I know that the UNO can only output 5VDC.  Can I use a 12VDC fan and have an external power supply to the fan?  Or is there a way to step up the power? I dont kow what other peieces I need, such as a relay shield or a MOSFET or what resistors etc and what size. I am a complete noob to this stuff but have a basic (very basic) understanding or electricity and electronics. Please help.

PaulS

I am looking to use my Uno to control a fan via bluetooth from my android phone.

The simplest way would be to use the phone to push the switch on the fan. No software required.

Since that is probably not what you want to do, you need to be a lot more specific about what control you expect to have over the fan. Turning it on or off can be done with a relay or a mosfet. Making the fan run at different speeds can not be done with a relay.

Can I use a 12VDC fan and have an external power supply to the fan?

Not only can you, you must.

JamesR913

Only looking to turn it on and off.

JamesR913

No one has any ideas that can help?

Go Up