Go Down

Topic: Ping))) with arduino and relays... (Read 524 times) previous topic - next topic

hey all,

I am very new to arduino platform...I want to control a (220-240V/50Hz) lamp's brightness with arduino.

I went through all the posts related to different ultrasonic sensors (Ping))), SRF04). and also massimo's post about using velleman K8064 dimmer kit.

what I am not understanding is...
what is the difference between the two ultrasonic range sensors(which will be more suitable for this project)
How do I change the pulse count (of the sensor) to the information light dimmer(K8064) is seeking to control the lamp.
what relay should I select for this project.

It would be smart to hack a remote control light dimmer connected to infrared sensor or a ping))) sensor.

any thoughts on how to do it???

thanks in advance.

The difference between the SRF04 and the Ping is that the SRF04 can be connected 2 ways, either with seperate input and output pins or with a shared in/out pin (like the Ping).  The advantage to seperate pins is that your code is a little simpler (you don't need to change the pin you use between input and output modes).  The advantage to a single pin is that you use fewer of your Arduino pins (if you are using many rangefinders this is a consideration).
There may be a price difference, too, depending on who you buy from.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131