Go Down

Topic: Air flow sensor Honeywell AWM92200V - ancillary circuits (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Sean Wagner

Hi all, I have above air flow sensor that I'd very much like to use with the Arduino, but after reading the datasheets and searching the forum, I do need help hooking it up. Programming is not the problem, but my lack of electronics know-how. It's sitting here waiting to have a blast (of air)!

While I'm at it, maybe someone knows a good source for the appropriate 5 micron filter.

My main reference doc is attached below. It should contain all relevant info.

Voltage vs. Output on page 3 - min / max are -80 / 80 mV (Don't need the neg. value.)
- What would a smart amplification circuit look like?

Wiring diagrams on page 4
- I guess the unspecified resistors are internal?
- The little house-like symbols must represent the sensor pins?
- And I don't understand which pin provides the output Voltage! (Argh.)

Product page:
http://sensing.honeywell.com/index.php?ci_id=3108&la_id=1&pr_id=25901

I'd very much appreciate your help!

MarkT

Firstly its a bridge circuit (Wheatstone Bridge) and so the usual amplifier circuit you would employ is an "instrumentation amplifier" - these days very good versions are available as a single package, check out the INA range from Texas Instruments for instance.

Secondly the device has a heater that needs driving (there's an example circuit for that in the documentation "control circuit diagrams").

Yes you are right about the house-shaped symbols being pin numbers and the unlabelled resistors in the lower-half of the bridge being on-chip.

I'm surprised Honeywell don't seem to have a proper datasheet for this - it would be much easier to work out if it can be driven at 5V if they weren't so coy about the information!
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Sean Wagner

Thank you Mark for the great leads! Now I know what to read up on.

The attached reference doc (page 1) does mention supply voltage from 8.0 - 15.0 Vdc "while consuming 50mW of power".

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy