Go Down

Topic: Graphical glitches in Windows 7 (Read 727 times) previous topic - next topic

mooop12

Hello. I just downloaded Arduino 1.0, and I noticed this weird graphical glitches: http://screenshu.com/static/uploads/temporary/ju/g9/8j/br9i5d.jpg
I've read that this might be caused by outdated java included with the Arduino app. I've removed java folder from Arduino directory, but it wouldn't start. So I copied java folder from my "Program Files", but the glitch still persists. I tried couple of version of java, jre6, jre7, jdk, and even 64-bit versions of them (Arduino wouldn't run with 64-bit binaries at all). My drivers are updated, so they can't be causing it. I'm running Windows 7 x64.

Coding Badly

Hello.

I have a similar computer (Arduino 1.0, Windows 7, 64 bit; high resolution display) that does not have the problem.  The most significant difference between your computer and mine is very likely the display adapter and driver.

I suggest testing with: hardware acceleration disabled; lower resolution; safe mode.  If any of those work I wish you the best of luck with the display adapter vendor.  If none of those work report back.  Someone else may have suggestions.

Osgeld

I get some of that (not nearly as bad) on my bench machine in linux, its some old onboard ATI thing using the generic linux drivers, so I just blamed it on that, but its interesting I am not the only one, and its appearing in a different OS (though its java so that really doesnt matter)

just wondering what kind of video card do you have?
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

mooop12

Nvidia 560GTX-Ti Hawk. Newest drivers, and I haven't had any problems with graphics in any other app.

mooop12

BUMP

I tried everything, it's really annoying :/ Most of the time I can't even see the code...

Coding Badly

The problem persists in safe mode?

mooop12

It doesn't actually, but that doesn't help me in solving my probem

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy