Go Down

Topic: audiocubes by percussa, smart cubes for creating sounds, music and visuals (Read 2001 times) previous topic - next topic

bschiett

Hi,

I'm the designer of audiocubes, smart cubes for creating sounds, music and visuals. I thought I'd stop by and say hello!
If you don't know what audiocubes are check out http://land.percussa.com/audiocubes-developers/

I'd love to connect with developers here and look forward to collaborating on devices and interfaces that connect with the audiocubes sensor and communication platform.

Thanks,
B

robtillaart

Can you explain to us how to interface an audiocube with an Arduino?
What interface to use,
What the protocols look like,
How much power do they use,

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

bschiett

sure: at the moment you can do this by connecting audiocubes to a laptop and then send OSC or MIDI from the laptop to the arduino.

Another way is to use the flext Max/MSP or PD external for audiocubes - you can hook up your arduino to max/msp as well as the cubes to max/msp and then just pass data around between the two.

Finally you could also create a USB host using arduino (?) and connect the cubes that way. If anyone wants to do that we're happy to help with the protocol details necessary.

Power wise: the cubes have an internal rechargeable battery which is happy to charge from 100 to 500mA from a USB port.

NoahHornberger

Hey, I've just built a musical arduino sphere. I wonder if we could dock a few cubes onto it like a mother-ship?

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1873232700/dub-cadet-next-level-musical-fun-for-everyone

Your audiocubes could add in MIDI based effects, loops, and filter envelopes; I don't know the sky is the limit.  There is so much creativity going on around here :)

i checked out your site and it seems we have a common goal. "Enable social interaction, music, sound and visual creation and play"
That's what the Dub Cadet is all about!

peace,
-Noah

Go Up