Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Key pad  (Read 372 times)
Arizona
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Ok so I have a final project for the associates program that I need to complete. The idea I have had for quite a while seems to be a really good one but I don't know much about the arduino and would like to know if there are any kind of research books that I could purchase online or at a store somewhere so any recommendations?

I will be associating a key pad in my project and would like to know how to read the correct password on an arduino and when the right password has been entered, send a signal to perform some other function. And if the password was wrong, lock everything until the arduino is reset.

I was thinking about connecting each number to its own digital pin on the arduino and digital read each pin. I'm not quite sure how to write a code for that because push buttons switch from a low to a high and back to a low

Aliens exist

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Check out the keypad library in the Playground as a starting point.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: