Go Down

Topic: Key pad (Read 519 times) previous topic - next topic

tbear

Ok so I have a final project for the associates program that I need to complete. The idea I have had for quite a while seems to be a really good one but I don't know much about the arduino and would like to know if there are any kind of research books that I could purchase online or at a store somewhere so any recommendations?

I will be associating a key pad in my project and would like to know how to read the correct password on an arduino and when the right password has been entered, send a signal to perform some other function. And if the password was wrong, lock everything until the arduino is reset.

I was thinking about connecting each number to its own digital pin on the arduino and digital read each pin. I'm not quite sure how to write a code for that because push buttons switch from a low to a high and back to a low
Aliens exist

CrossRoads

Check out the keypad library in the Playground as a starting point.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up