Go Down

Topic: Arduino IDE : Blue Screen of Death (Read 439 times) previous topic - next topic

tommytwoeyes

Apr 28, 2012, 03:32 am Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012, 03:37 am by tommytwoeyes Reason: 1
I am really hopeful someone can help me with this problem.

I've been using the Arduino IDE on my desktop machine running Ubuntu since last summer. Then suddenly a few weeks ago, I had a strange problem - I was unable to type in the IDE's editor pane. I can still type in dialog boxes the IDE spawns, and all of the menus and toolbar buttons work fine. But the editor itself no longer allows me to type anything in it. Also, it has a weird, faded blue color now.

I don't think it's my keyboard, because no other applications are having similar problems. I have tried reinstalling the IDE, checking the dependencies, etc. but to no avail. Again, it was working perfectly and then suddenly stopped one day.

This occurs with version 1.0 and with version 0022 of the IDE.

Here is the output of uname -a:

Code: [Select]

Linux Ralph 2.6.32-40-generic #87-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 6 00:56:56 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Here is the output when I launch the Arduino IDE from a terminal:

Code: [Select]

Experimental:  JNI_OnLoad called.
Stable Library
=========================================
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version   = RXTX-2.1-7

I've attached a screenshot. I would really appreciate any help fixing this - thanks in advance!

Coding Badly

File / Preferences

Ensure Use external editor is not checked

OK

tommytwoeyes

That was the problem. I experimented with using Geany as my editor once a couple of months ago and forgot to uncheck that box afterwards.

Thanks!

Go Up