Go Down

Topic: Arduino to ARM. Where to start? (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Still waiting for my Pi to arrive... maybe this month.

I got an email saying mine would be delivered in the week starting 21st.

OK on the data sheet fragment but it is hardly official and there are no GPIO port distribution limits, can they all drive at full power? What is the slew rate limited output actually limited to?
I wonder how long before some one actually gets hold of a data sheet?

Docedison

The STM 32 Discovery Board is available complete with a USB port for code... for $16 or $17 dollars from Newark.
The board is complete with an IDE and sample code downloadable from ST Micro... I just got mine in the mail on Tuesday.
I was looking for the shipping date for my Pi board... Late July (29) or early August. There was a Ti MSP430 Dev board as well...
for $4.75... W / 2 Processors... both are of course optimized for C and both come with compilers available as GCC distro's
as well as the big money Keil and CCS ? compilers as 'available' options. Go Check them out if you can't figure out what else to
with your Arduino.

Doc.
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

westfw

MichaelMeissner

Aug 07, 2012, 10:41 pm Last Edit: Aug 07, 2012, 10:49 pm by MichaelMeissner Reason: 1

This one should be "interesting": Freescale Freedom eval platform

I just an email from Element 14 that you can pre-order the Freedom-KL257 for $13 + s/h: http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/dev_platforms_kits/element14_dev_kits/kinetis_kl2_freedom_board?ICID=hp_freedombanner&CMP=EMC-PRDE-80612.

Of course this is just the raw board.  Presumably you would need some sort of RTOS infrastructure to actually run on the board.  Its interesting, that several of these embedded boards have pins arranged to be Arduino compatible, since Arduino certainly has the mindshare for consumer embedded programming.  I suspect if the Due doesn't come out soon, it may be the Rasberry-pi, Cortex, etc. boards will get the mindshare for the next generation of developers.

Docedison

The freescale thing is 1 extra MSP430 chis an extra crystal (32Khz?) and a PCB about the same size as an Umo/Mega board with a usb thing and one other 50 - 60 pin 10 mm chip on the side of the board marked emulation and the 20 pin MSP430 Evaluation Chip in a socket... looks interesting... but I don't yet know enough to use it... It was inexpensive and looked like something I''d do If I couldn't sleep one night.

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

Go Up