Go Down

Topic: Attiny 85 RF (Read 3639 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello,guys can you tell me how to run virtualWire under attiny85 ?
I am using this RF :

Tinywire ?

Is there something else I can use ?

Coding Badly

May 02, 2012, 09:43 am Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:49 am by mitko Reason: 1
Well I tried this manchested library, but I always get this error when I try to upload the code in attiny85 :
Code: [Select]
#include "MANCHESTER.h"

#define TxPin 1  //the digital pin to use to transmit data

unsigned int Tdata = 32;  //the 16 bits to send

void setup()
MANCHESTER.SetTxPin(TxPin);      // sets the digital pin as output default 4
}//end of setup

void loop()
//Tdata +=1;
}//end of loop

Code: [Select]

D:\arduino-0022\libraries\MANCHESTER\MANCHESTER.cpp: In constructor 'MANCHESTERClass::MANCHESTERClass()':
D:\arduino-0022\libraries\MANCHESTER\MANCHESTER.cpp:42: error: 'TCCR2A' was not declared in this scope
D:\arduino-0022\libraries\MANCHESTER\MANCHESTER.cpp:43: error: 'TCCR2B' was not declared in this scope
D:\arduino-0022\libraries\MANCHESTER\MANCHESTER.cpp:44: error: 'TIMSK2' was not declared in this scope
D:\arduino-0022\libraries\MANCHESTER\MANCHESTER.cpp: In member function 'unsigned int MANCHESTERClass::Receive()':
D:\arduino-0022\libraries\MANCHESTER\MANCHESTER.cpp:85: error: 'TCNT2' was not declared in this scope
D:\arduino-0022\libraries\MANCHESTER\MANCHESTER.cpp:126: error: 'TCNT2' was not declared in this scope

May 02, 2012, 10:43 am Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:52 am by Erni Reason: 1
The TX part of the example is meant to be used with a 328 processor and the RX part on a attiny85.
What you are trying is to use 328 code on a Attiny85 (the tny dos not have a Timer2)

Ok so then how to upload succesufully the code on attiny85 then ?

Coding Badly

One reason for the lack of response is the inappropriate section you chose.  Let's try it here...

Ok,thank a lot , and sorry for my mistake

I am using a different transmitter (433MHz from sparkfun) but I've had luck with the components listed below.

- IDE 1.0.5
- Virtual Wire 1.16
- ATtiny Cores from here
    -rename text file to boards.txt
- Load the bootloaded for 8MHz from the boards menu once the cores are installed in your sketch/hardware/attiny folder

Check out this link for help if you haven't seen it. I didn't have luck with their cores though.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131