Go Down

Topic: foscam robot project (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

crxksa

hi all, i am working on a foscam robot project and i was wondering if any one could help me on converting a stepper motor(5 wire) to a normal motor(2 wire) .

dxw00d

Do you mean convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor, or do you mean convert code written for a stepper to driving a regular dc motor?

RPCoyle

how did you end up with a stepper if you wanted a two wire bipolar? Since you have the stepper you might as well use the well documented Arduino code to run it, or just buy a bipolar. There may be a way to run it using two wires, but I never saw any code to do it. It is designed to have the internal coils fire in sequence. Trying to make it a bipolar defeats what it was designed for ( precision positioning).

crxksa

Do you mean convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor, or do you mean convert code written for a stepper to driving a regular dc motor?

not the code . i want convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor

cr0sh

not the code . i want convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor

You can't; two completely different motor types - forget it.
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

crxksa

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy