Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bluetooth Enabling a Panasonic Receiver..  (Read 926 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey all, I'm trying to do as the title says, I've got this rather old panasonic surround receiver that I'd like to put arduino in. However I've been trying to look for ways of doing it, and was wondering if the arduino was able to press buttons so to speak. So that if I send it a signal it could for instance press the power button, or raise the volume. or even change the input method. The receiver I have is a panasonic sa-ht210.

Ty for any answers

California
Faraday Member
View Profile

Hey all, I'm trying to do as the title says, I've got this rather old panasonic surround receiver that I'd like to put arduino in. However I've been trying to look for ways of doing it, and was wondering if the arduino was able to press buttons so to speak. So that if I send it a signal it could for instance press the power button, or raise the volume. or even change the input method. The receiver I have is a panasonic sa-ht210.

Ty for any answers

Yes, there are various ways for an Arduino to "push a button."

View Profile

Ty for any answers

Yes, there are various ways for an Arduino to "push a button."

Perfectly what I needed, ty, I'll try exactly that.. I'm glad that code worked, had troubles with the diagram tho..

Not much help without an example or something, as I'm very new with arduino and coding and hardware to say the least..

Also for reference I have an arduino uno r3..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:30:47 am by BoredOne » Logged

California
Faraday Member
View Profile

A simulated button push shorts two wires on a given device. There are numerous ways to do this, but the safest way is to drive a relay as it will allow for electrical isolation. What type of relay will depend on the voltage and current of the device you're driving, but here is a simple tutorial on driving one:

http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/119

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: