Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Connecting Arduino Standalone Chip and XBee  (Read 491 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey Guys,

I took out my arduino chip from my board and followed the instructions to put it on a breadboard here: http://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/uploads/arduinobb_09.jpg
Everything works fine but when I plug in an XBee, the code doesnt work the way it should.

The code i was using was a simple two statements in the setup() function starting the Serial port (Serial.begin(9600)smiley-wink and printing a line (Serial.println("Hello World")smiley-wink. The problem is that it repeatedly sends this message over the xbee and i can see it from the receiver xbee that it rapidly sends "Hello World" over and over. Also, if  I check the voltage supplied by the voltage regulator, it is only 3.7 volts rather than 5 volts.

Why is this happening?

Thanks

Wellington, New Zealand
View Profile

There's no XBee in the picture, so I have no idea how to answer your question.  Do you have a schematic showing how you've connected everything including the XBee?  How are you handling the XBee's 3.3V supply?

View Profile

How are you powering the circuit?  My first guess is that it sounds like the voltage is drooping when the XBee transmits, causing the processor to reset.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: