Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Connect to the Internet via any Arduino.  (Read 576 times)
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I got thinking, and I've decided to write a small client/server for Windows and give the ability of any arduino to have internet connectivity.

How it works is it connects to a computer with internet access and then shares it via the arduino via usb/com port, for now i'm just going to give
client connectivity, eg connect to an IP address and send/recv packets, unless there's a large number of people who want it, i'm going to stick
with client only support.

connect to a server and submit data collected from your sensors.. no ethernet shield required.

Anyone interested?

Belgium
View Profile

i'm definitly interested, it would be great if you could manage to do this..
will it be corss-platform, or only for one?

Edison Member
View Profile

My skills only branch out to windows if someone is nice enough to port something similar to a linux os then no problem..

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Perhaps you could try Free Pascal instead of Delphi.

http://www.freepascal.org/

Edison Member
View Profile

I could but im using a licenced/registered version of it... ill consider it might use it to prototype using delphi and then have a try with c++

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

I could but im using a licenced/registered version of it.

What difference does that make? The point is:

Free Pascal (aka FPK Pascal) is a 32 and 64 bit professional Pascal compiler. It is available for different processors: Intel x86, Amd64/x86_64, PowerPC, PowerPC64, Sparc, ARM. The following operating systems are supported: Linux, FreeBSD, Haiku, Mac OS X/Darwin, DOS, Win32, Win64, WinCE, OS/2, Netware (libc and classic) and MorphOS.

It would allow you to extend your skills.

edit: I have no association with freepascal.org. I have used it a few times. I used Delphi from V1. Last version I had was V7 Architect - The last of the native compilers, before .Net ruined it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:37:36 am by dxw00d » Logged

Edison Member
View Profile

I've looked at fp before inc lazurus... but theres no point me making it harder for myself right now i accept pascal is a dying art form so from that point of view ill just stick to delphi for now and then later on port it to c/cpp but theres no need right now so proof of concept will be easier and im about 50% completed if i use some old code i've written alrady....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: