Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Robot Hexapod project!  (Read 919 times)
Wisconsin
Edison Member
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello!

I'm am starting up a new robotics development platform, at this point I have to buy the components and they are expensive so donations would be great!

Well whos going to donate to something when they don't know what it is, really?  so lemme tell you about it.  
The robot is going to be a Hexapod, much like the ones over at HSD Hagenberg.  The biggest difference though is the hexapod will be allowed to have various sorts of attachments and operations all by placing new the attachments on the hexapod.  The hexapod could be able to do various things such as unlock a door or safe, guide you through dark areas, retrieve things for you if you are too lazy, and many other things such as dance(obviously), oh and did I mention scale walls? Thats right, this robot will be able to walk up smooth walls, and hopefully someday, any wall!

If you want to follow my development, that would be great! My goal is to have it completed by the fall, and then continuing development will go on from there and i hope to have it on the market before christmas!

Check out my blog for more development information!

http://funkyguy4000.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/revival-and-new-project/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:07:36 pm by funkyguy4000 » Logged

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

the components and they are expensive so donations would be great!
Get in line, I want everyone to donate to my project first. Have you thought of using Kickstarter?

My goal is to have it completed by the fall, and then continuing development will go on from there and i hope to have it on the market before christmas!
Not a chance in hell IMO, but don't let that stop you from giving it a shot.

I can't see any "development information" about this on your blog, just a spiel about you are going to start a robot and go to DC with friends.

I am becoming interested in Hexapods as well, if you can pull half of this off I will be following the project with much interest.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Wisconsin
Edison Member
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!
View Profile

Haha, yea I know. Everybody is wanting people to throw money at them.
Yea I have checked out kickstarter.  I forgot my routing number and all that so I don't have the thing up yet, although I should have it going by tonight. 

I will be updating the blog as often as I can to update anybody on the development.  I would love it if you followed me!  All I really want is to make a sweet robot and help people learn along the way, although making a product line to keep all other developments going would be great.

I'll link the kickstarter event when i get it going.  Right now, i'm working on my girlfriends LED dress and it doesn't work for some reason (which shouldn't be happening since its all wired up in parallel). 

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: