Go Down

Topic: Where are the files hex saved after Verify (Read 703 times) previous topic - next topic

okap

Hi Everyone,

I am new in the Arduino world, but I already love it :)

I have installed the software Arduino 1.0-rc2 on Mac OSX 10.6.6 (10.6.8 )

In the instructions that I am following (AVRdude) I need the "Sample_Program" on hex format ( .h or .hex) which should find up upon "Verify" in folder "/tmp" ... unfortunately, I cannot find any file with the name "Sample_Program" etc. I have only "Sample_Program.ino" under folder sketch (sketchbook).

My question is, where does Arduino 1.0-rc2 save it's temporary files, e.i. compiled files (Sample_Program.h, Sample_Program.c, etc) ?

Thank you very much for your help

okap

May 02, 2012, 12:22 am Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:10 am by okap Reason: 1
Re: Coding Badly

I dont understand what you mean ...  on OSX ??? ... %TEMP% ... Can you be more specific please, thank you

johnwasser

In Arduino Preferences set "Show verbose output during : [X] compilation [ ] upload"

Then when you verify you will get the verbose output that will tell you where the compile was done.  It will be in the second-to-last line:

/var/folders/cs/p6yz0z1m8xj9lf0059b_lzw00000gn/T/build8229176203510383123.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex
Binary sketch size: 1026 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)

Of course it will be different for each build.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

okap

Thank you very much John, this is exactly what I needed ... THANKS !!!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy