Go Down

Topic: advice needed for arduino as diesel injection brain... (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

PaulS

The uC won't, the throttle cable is (was in the past) connected to distributor so more throttle means more advance.
Using throttle for advance timing is discussionable but in practice it has proven to work very well, and gives a very responsive engine.

My point, exactly. The code you posted before had a fixed relationship between cam position and injector firing. The old setup had a variable relationship between cam position and injector firing.

If the uC is to be used, that variable relationship needs to be maintained, or the performance of your engine is going to change. And, probably not for the better.

japie

If the uC is to be used, that variable relationship needs to be maintained, or the performance of your engine is going to change. And, probably not for the better.

That's for sure Paul.
The fun part is that we don't do it this way because it will gain power but mostly because others don't do it this way at all.
Will order a Mega tomorrow and gonna have some fun...

Panther95

Are there any update's about using Arduino with common rail?

Panther95

CrossRoads

For sure there are only 2 External Interrupts.
But almost every pin also supports PCINT, whichNick Gammon has a great page on and even shows them as being a little faster:
http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11488
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Nick Gammon

Aren't all digital ports usable as interrupts? Or do I need to add some extra function to accomplish that?

Yes, using Pin Change interrupts, as CrossRoads kindly pointed out, I have a page about that:

http://gammon.com.au/interrupts

Not the way you wrote it though. I certainly think you can react in under 20 uS to an external event, if carefully coded. The interrupt processing itself takes about 3 uS to kick in, and then you need to work out which pin caused the interrupt, if using pin change interrupts.

Go Up