Go Down

Topic: Question on Ethernet webclient and sending variables (Read 974 times) previous topic - next topic

genxweb

I have a arduino sketch that will email a person using a php form that it calls by URL with the variables such as TO=user@domain.com&FROM=Me@domain.com

That all works

But what I want to do is take the a arduino variable from a sensor or another arduino function and use that in the Get statement

Code: [Select]

[b]int mBody = 5;[/b]

if (client.connect(serverName, 80)) {
    Serial.println("connected");
    // Make a HTTP request:
   client.println("GET /~genxweb/armail.php?TO=reciever@gmail.com&FROM=mike@me.net&SUBJECT=Test&MESSAGE=[b]mBody[/b]&CODE=SECRET HTTP/1.0");
    client.println();
    digitalWrite(ledIP, LOW);
    digitalWrite(ledMail, HIGH);
  }
  else {
    // kf you didn't get a connection to the server:
    Serial.println("connection failed");
    digitalWrite(ledMail, LOW);
  }
}

Here is a sample where I try to assign mBody a value of 5 and try to use that variable in the client.print and it will only send it as a string and not use the value. I read somewhere that I need to use string and define it but I am still learning and I dont understand the statement. I spent the last few hours on the forums trying to figure this out with no luck.

If I was doing this in Ruby a language I know I would put #{mBody} in the string and be good. Can some one shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

bubulindo

Don't use String. It's a memory hog.

Try this.

[b]int mBody = 5;[/b]

// Make a HTTP request:
   client.print("GET /~genxweb/armail.php?TO=reciever@gmail.com&FROM=mike@me.net&SUBJECT=Test&MESSAGE=[b]); //CHANGED
   client.print(mBody); //ADDED
   client.println("[/b]&CODE=SECRET HTTP/1.0"); //ADDED
    client.println();
  }
  else {
    // kf you didn't get a connection to the server:
    Serial.println("connection failed");
    digitalWrite(ledMail, LOW);
  }
}

This... is a hobby.

genxweb

Now I am getting error 408 time outs. Verified the server is still up and the sketch works with original code as well still. I have done this:

int mBody = 5;
    // Make a HTTP request:
   client.print("GET /~genxweb/armail.php?TO=recieverb@gmail.com&FROM=mike@me.net&SUBJECT=Test&MESSAGE=");
   client.print(mBody);
   client.print("&CODE=SECRET HTTP/1.0");
   client.println();
  }

genxweb

Go Up