Go Down

Topic: Communicating with a GameCube controller? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

So a while ago I posted asking about how I might get some wireless control working with my Arduino, for cheap. I didn't want to bump that thread, but anyways I decided on 2 methods. The first one which I have already implemented with my Sumo Bot, is IR signals. I did that with the help of the IRreciever library. That works great but I still want to go with something with a more "analog" feel. So I read about interfacing with a Wii Nunchuck via a library using wire to communicate through the I2C bus. I also learned that the Nunchuck has the same pin-out as a GameCube controller. I remembered that I had my Wavebird which would be the perfect RF solution with plenty of buttons to push and two analog sticks. I've scoured the internet for a simple way to use a GC controller but have not found an answer.

My main questions are:

1) How can I communicate with a GameCube controller? (just hoping someone's got a simple answer)

2) Does the Gamecube use serial communication or I2C?

3) Are serial and I2C the same thing? and can anyone explain the difference?

Thanks in advanced!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131