Go Down

Topic: Arduino Rover Rocket Launcher (Read 4014 times) previous topic - next topic

Okay now i get it :)

So for this rocket launcher you use relays for ignition.

Now, i want to ask what power supply you use and how do you make your ignitor for your rockets.

trendski

Hi

Great project.

I am just starting something similar and will definitely use your website for guidance. Due note also taken about safety when arming rockets from cyberteque.

I am using ROBOT BASIC running on an old DELL inspiron mini web-book. I found it really easy to get ROBOT BASIC (RB) to communicate commands to the arduino and then send-and-recieve commands using RF12 modules from jeelabs. RB makes it really easy to make a GUI on the DELL for the Robot control.

I am using an IP camera with the cams software running on the Dell too via a small portable WiFi router -gaffer-taped to the dell :). That makes the video system self-contained and I don't need to worry about it.

I'm getting ~120m range in line of sight with RF12 control. The IP camera spec says about 100m range is possible @2.4GHz. RF12 @868MHz. Not getting any interference.

I'll post it up when I get a good working version. What do people think of ROBOT BASIC for people starting out in this arena anyway? 

cheers
Craig Turner, blog: http://gampageek.blogspot.co.uk/ It helps with my learning if I write things down, esp. for others to follow (constructive comments welcomed to improve)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy