Go Down

Topic: Need to use all 32kb on Leonardo Ethernet. Where is it being limited? (Read 49 times) previous topic - next topic

subnoize

Hello!

I have run out of flash memory and the bootloader must go in my Leonardo Ethernet board. I am at 106% of flash so that's ok, just burn it with a hardware ISP, right?

The problem is the Arduino IDE stops me because its too large despite trying to use a hardware ISP. I went looking for the boards.txt and there is a Leonardo in there but no Leonardo Ethernet.

Where is the Leonardo Ethernet definition where I can change it to the correct available memory?

Thanks!

pert

Do you see "Arduino Leonardo ETH" in the Tools > Board menu of the Arduino IDE?

subnoize

Do you see "Arduino Leonardo ETH" in the Tools > Board menu of the Arduino IDE?
OK, I upgraded to 1.8.2 after uninstalling the old 1.6.x and the boards.txt showed up with the correct defs for me to play with.

Rack this up to pilot error I guess. Rather weird since I could see the board in the drop down list but it wasn't in the actual boards.txt file.

Anyways, thanks for your time! I have resolved the issue by reinstalling a newer version.

pert

You were just looking at the wrong version of boards.txt. It's installed to a different location when you update the Arduino AVR Boards package via Boards Manager. I suspected that was the issue and that's why I asked that question.

You will need to redo this change every time you update to a new version of the Arduino IDE or Arduino AVR Boards. You might consider creating a custom hardware package for your modified board so it will persist through updates. If that's something you want to do I can help.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy