Go Down

Topic: Can't Compile Anything on Arduino 1.6.9 using windows 10 (Read 152 times) previous topic - next topic

Alexes

Hello! I'm new in using the Arduino sofware I downloaded this last month and it was working fine not until yesterday, when I compile or verify a sketches I got an error message of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar: unable to rename 'core\core.a'; reason: Permission denied

I tried to uninstall it and reinstall but I got this error message again. I also tried to download another version of arduino but I got this error all over again.

I encountered this problem when iupdated the libraries and the avr board of the arduino 1.6.9 yesterday.
I don't know what to do! Can anyone help me?

PS: I also searched a solution for this I also tried to turnoff my anti-virus, restart my computer and all the solution that I seen in the internet but nothing happens. I badly need this software because of our design project in school.

pert

I encountered this problem when iupdated the libraries and the avr board of the arduino 1.6.9 yesterday.
Updating the libraries wouldn't cause the problem but there's a possibility it was the Arduino AVR Boards update. Try this:
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager
  • Wait for downloads to complete
  • Click on Arduino AVR Boards
  • Select 1.6.11 from the drop down menu
  • Click "Install"
  • After installation completes click the "Close" button.

Try compiling again, hopefully your problem will be solved. You can always repeat those steps to go back to Arduino AVR Boards 1.6.12 that you have installed right now.

Alexes

Pert, I did what you said but I get that error message again. :(

pert

Ok, it was a bit of a long shot but worth a try. I don't know what causes that error. Try reading through these search results to see if anyone has found a solution: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22unable+to+rename+%27core\core.a%27%22+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fforum.arduino.cc

Alexes

I solved this problem by installing the old version of Arduino IDE 1.5.8. :)

pert

Do you really mean 1.5.8? That's a long way back!

Alexes

Yes!  Its the only IDE that's work fine without error, I tried to install the versions of 1.6.x but with that IDE I got that error over again when uploading and verifying a program. With this version I don't get the this error when I tried to compile and upload a program to Arduino.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-ar: unable to rename 'core\core.a'; reason: Permission denied

But, I really wondered why I got this error on Arduino 1.6.9 when I first downloaded it it works really fine. I used that for over a month. I don't find a solution to for it. T.T

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy