Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: foscam robot project  (Read 1147 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi all, i am working on a foscam robot project and i was wondering if any one could help me on converting a stepper motor(5 wire) to a normal motor(2 wire) .

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Do you mean convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor, or do you mean convert code written for a stepper to driving a regular dc motor?

Santa Fe
View Profile

how did you end up with a stepper if you wanted a two wire bipolar? Since you have the stepper you might as well use the well documented Arduino code to run it, or just buy a bipolar. There may be a way to run it using two wires, but I never saw any code to do it. It is designed to have the internal coils fire in sequence. Trying to make it a bipolar defeats what it was designed for ( precision positioning).

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Do you mean convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor, or do you mean convert code written for a stepper to driving a regular dc motor?

not the code . i want convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

not the code . i want convert the physical motor from a stepper to a regular dc motor

You can't; two completely different motor types - forget it.

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

thanks anyway .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: