Poll
Question: which better to work with ?
API mode ? - 8 (88.9%)
AT mode ? - 1 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: PC Coordinator + XBee Arduino + API mode  (Read 7967 times)
Rock&Roll;
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

In 'sendByte' function, when the it calculates the checksum it has to be:
"checksum = 0xff - (checksum & 0xff);"

But communication still fails!

View Profile

Hi

has anyone found a solution to this problem?

View Profile

I have the same problem....

I have 2 Xbee PRO S2B configured with API firmware (one is Coordinator and the other is Router) as shown here: http://code.google.com/p/xbee-api/wiki/XBeeConfiguration

I must to do the following communication Arduino-> XBee COORDINATOR -> Xbee ROUTER -> PC (java)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
To do this, I have the Xbee COORDINATOR connected to an Arduino One using the Xbee Explorer Regulated. In the arduino I put the following program: http://code.google.com/p/xbee-arduino/source/browse/trunk/examples/Series2_Tx/Series2_Tx.pde (changing the destination address of my Xbee ROUTER ). The LED blinks when arduino sends and twice when no response so everything seems to be working properly. Tx Led in Xbee Explorer Regulated also blink at the same time.

In the destination, I have connected the Xbee ROUTER to a PC using the Xbee Usb Explorer. On the PC I have running the following Java application (ZNetReceiverExample.java of Xbee-API rapplogic).
http://code.google.com/p/xbee-api/source/browse/trunk/src/com/rapplogic/xbee/examples/zigbee/ZNetReceiverExample.java?r=253
But nothing happens at the receiver (PC). The java application receives nothing smiley-sad
I tried to reset everything but nothing happens...

At the receiver (PC) I tried to read directly from the serial port with Hyperterminal or X-CTU [Arduino->XBee COORDINATOR->Xbee ROUTER->PC(Hyperterminal)] to know if the problem was the Java application, but neither happens, I dont receive anything from the serial port. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
To try other things, I tried to establish communication in the other direction, using PC as sender instead an Arduino One: PC (java)->XBee COORDINATOR->Xbee ROUTER->PC (Hyperterminal)

Now, I connected the Xbee COORDINATOR to the PC using another Xbee Usb Explorer. On the PC I have the following java application (ZNetSenderExample.java Xbee-API rapplogic)http://code.google.com/p/xbee-api/source/browse/trunk/src/com/rapplogic/xbee/examples/zigbee/ZNetSenderExample.java?r=253

In the destination, I have connected the Xbee ROUTER to a PC using the Xbee Usb Explorer. I tried to read directly from the serial port with Hyperterminal and IT WORKS!
I receive a lot of strange characters and in the middle the word: "Xbee" that is the payload send at the source.

So it seems that when I have the following configuration [Arduino-> XBee COORDINATOR -> Xbee ROUTER -> PC (java)], the Arduino One is not sending anything and the problem is Arduino????

Someone could help me????

Thanks

View Profile

Found a solution!

I was having the same problem as Fouad and receiving a frame almost identical to "7E 00 0F 10 01 00 7D 33 A2 00 40 7D 5E 70 39 FF FE"

Turns out that I needed to disable escaping characters on the commander xbee. (Set AP to 1)

Now I receive the frame with the proper addressing.

Let I hope this helps

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: