Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Compiling for Atmega168  (Read 488 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey,

I'm new to the AVR business (I don't even know what it is an abbreviation for), however I'm continuing an old project and found that the firmware of it was inadequate, so I made changes and now I want to compile for it.

I have downloaded the AVR Studio which seems to be the household software for this kind of operation, I created a new project where I included the latest avrlib folder I could find. Modified global.h etc to correspond to the CPU Speed, removed parts of the library that I didn't need, like LCD code (it gave me an error anyway), but when I try to compile I get the following error:

Code:
'DDRA' undeclared (first use in this function)

From what I understand this has to do with Atmega168 not supporting that port or whatever, but I can't find the solution to the error. I don't even know where I can find the definition of DDRB. Which file is it? It must be one. I see #define DDR(x) in a header file but I don't see how it is related.

I have read somewhere that I might not have specified the device. But it's set to Atmega168 in Project->Properties->Device, however, the "ASF Wizard" claims: "No defined board". I don't understand this contradiction.

What do I do wrong?

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

If you are using AVR Studio you should probably ask your question in an AVR forum such as http://www.avrfreaks.net/

This forum is specific to the Arduino platform.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: