Go Down

Topic: Pretending to be a nunchuk (Read 351 times) previous topic - next topic

WzDD

Hi there. Has anyone had any luck emulating a nunchuck? I'm having weird problems...

I've set everything up as per the site here: http://www.windmeadow.com/node/37

That works as far as sending data from the arduino, to the wiimote, to a pc goes: I can poll the wiimote and read 6 bytes of data just fine. What I can't do is convince the Wiimote that the arduino is really a nunchuck.

I figured this would be a matter of listening to whatever the wiimote sends out in my receiveEvent, then replaying whatever the nunchuck sends back via my requestEvent(). But it doesn't seem to work that way: if I do some debugging printing in receiveEvent() it looks like the requestEvent() is never called at all! Also, I am getting only a very small amount of data from the wiimote -- the usual 0x40, 0x0 nunchuck init, followed by 0x0f, then nothing else.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm sort of stumped...

And just in case anyone is wondering why I would like to emulate a nunchuck: eventually I want to be able to make my own guitar hero controllers. :)

WzDD

Well, I've made progress -- I guess I was just expecting to much to think I could send serial data at random moments and also maintain an I2C conversation. I'm generally more of a software guy. :)

Anyway, by restricting my debug output to strategic points I have managed to convince the Wiimote that it's talking to a nunchuk. :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy