Go Down

Topic: Dumping firmware/software...and/or reflashing?? (Read 27 times) previous topic - next topic

mikedehaan

lol...thanks, though I wouldn't have anything if it weren't for the excellent assistence from Coding Badly.

Here's a quick video of my test bed.  Check it out:

http://youtu.be/5TNArp6eyUc

bag06a

Does the red LED maybe have anything to do with the programming mode (setting denounce time and other features??)

I agree, coding badly has been extremely valuable in this project. If I could I'd by him a drink (if he drinks....otherwise a root beer ....I personally would take ge root beer ha)

Great video demonstration btw.

Coding Badly

I tried to read the flash from the device to backup the program, however the data that came out (no errors reported) was essentially blank.  I did notice that there's a lock bit set "PROG_VER_DISABLED", but I have no idea what that means.  I can't seem to find a definition of these lock bits anywhere.  I'm guessing this is why I cannot backup the chip?

Oh bugger!  I completely forgot about the lock-bits.  You will not be able to make a backup.  Sorry about that. 

Coding Badly

I would also like to figure out how to use debugWire so I would only have to worry about 3 pins (Vcc, GND, debugWire) rather than the regular 6 (Vcc, GND, RESET, SCK, MISO, MOSI).  I know I have to set a fuse to use it, but I'm not sure what else may be involved (if it will work with my Atmel mkII).

Like TPI this is not the best place for debugWire help.  In my case, I have no idea how to get debugWire working.

The core I mentioned in Reply #36 includes Tiny Debug Serial.  It's similar to Serial available on a normal Arduino.  I also have something better (but still similar to Serial) available.  If you're interested send me a Personal Message with your email address.

Coding Badly

lol...thanks, though I wouldn't have anything if it weren't for the excellent assistence from Coding Badly. ... I agree, coding badly has been extremely valuable in this project. If I could I'd by him a drink (if he drinks....otherwise a root beer ....I personally would take ge root beer ha)

My pleasure.  And, yes, I do occasionally enjoy a beer.  However, I will never ever refuse a...

https://www.google.com/search?q=dr+pepper+cane+sugar&tbm=shop

Don't let anyone try to fool you.  With cane sugar is the only way to make Dr. Pepper!

Go Up