Go Down

Topic: Radio Control unit for Robot (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I'm currently in the planning stage for a semi- autonomous robot useing the wild thumper 6 wheel drive chassis. I'm looking for an RC unit, preferably 4-5 channels, but I don't really know where to start. I've been looking at aircraft ones but don' t know if they would be suitable.

Any RC unit will do, however for ground based projects you should use a ground based unit - there are laws about what the different Frequency ranges used for air and land can be used for.

I am really not upto date with what transmitters are available but can assure you that as far as Arduino is concerned, they are all the same.

Have a look here for information on interfacing rc and Arduino -

Duane B
Read this
then watch this

I'm also looking at things like this, I need to control a robot that might be up to 150 meters away at one time. Would I use GPS, Cellular, I have no idea, can someone help?

See this thread: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,105573.0.html
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Think I'm going to use this Tx "Spektrum DX6i 6 CH Trans". Will give me one joystick for movement, the second for a tilt pan camera, and 2 extra toggle switches to control other aspects of the robot.

Another bonus is I can grab another receiver for any future robots and I can use the same Tx again for another robot.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131