Go Down

Topic: Voltage input on digital pin (Arduino Uno) (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Tortun

Those values are best defined and explained in the Atmel ATmega329p datasheet along with all the other electrical specifications for the chip.

Lefty

Unfortunately, that didn't help me  :~

Well, I didn't "say" that, but you asked about "0.5V"
In fact there's a point at which a voltage "must be" a HIGH and a similar point where some voltage "must be" a LOW, but there's a window of uncertainty between the two, a sort of no-man's land which should be avoided.

What voltage is that between? The uncertainty about "HIGH" and "LOW".
If you should say a voltage, were it would not anymore register a value as "HIGH" or the highest voltage you can think off, were it not at all would read it as "HIGH". (at least theoretically?)
Sorry... But I really need some sort of number, since I have made an error with an operational amplifier...
Hope there is some kind of possible answer  :(

AWOL

Unfortunately, that didn't help me

It's all there in the data sheet.
In what way didn't it help you?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Grumpy_Mike

For an input to be seen as a logic low it must be below 0.3 * Vcc so at 5V Vcc this is below 1.5V

For an input to be seen as a logic high it must be above 0.6 * Vcc so at 5V Vcc this is above 3V

Go Up