Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How can i write to the eeprom from my PC via VB.net  (Read 1200 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Im currently creating a high current dual channel TEC/FAN controller, that changes the PWM duty cycle to keep the load at a defined temperature.

I would like to directly up date the  variable "Target temp" from VB.net but i don't know how. Ideally i would just up date the variable from my PC but failing that i'd like to write it to the eeprom from VB.net so my app can read that.

In vb i have an app that can read anything coming from the arduino that is out put from serial.print but i have no idea how to write to it.

Please help

You can follow my project here .

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?280459-Open-source-DIY-TEC-and-Fan-controller

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:41:33 pm by Ultrasonic2 » Logged

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

In vb i have an app that can read anything coming from the arduino that is out put from serial.print but i have no idea how to write to it.
You don't know how to write to the serial port? Is your F1 key broken? If not, press it, and learn how.

How can i write to the eeprom from my PC via VB.net
You can't. You can write to the serial port, and you can program the Arduino to read from the serial port, and to write to EEPROM, but, you can not write directly to EEPROM from the PC. Via anything.

View Profile

PaulS has absolutely right!
You should create routine which reads from serial port.Then you should send your data with an other sub-routine or with the same in the eeprom.

PaulS is much more experienced in Arduino than me but i'm sending you information about vb how to work.

http://www.me.umn.edu/courses/me2011/smartprodcourse/technotes/docs/serial-port-vb.pdf

Good luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: