Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Serial.println to external device drops characters  (Read 1759 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

That's the trouble, your average chinese windows mobile device doesn't come with a very comprehensive manual telling you about this stuff so I'm just guessing really and trying to solve by trial and error. Typically the hidden serial ports in these devices is used to plug in TMC devices.

Xon/Xoff isn't common in modern devices is it? I was wondering if there's a stop and start bit needed in the serial comms though?

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Xon/off is far commoner than hardware handshaking, and you start and stop bits are added automatically by the USART in the AVR.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

It was all digital
View Profile

Hi Kaj

Final glide, total energy compensated vario and driving an analog vario - you got a cool project there  smiley-cool Please remember to document it all and write a nice presentation  smiley I guess a lot of people could be interested in "upgrading" old instruments to better performance.

Last week I tried a Duo Discus with a LX9000. It was really nice to see which part of the circle I was gaining and loosing.

I'm not sure it's worth to recalculation the load factor and change in polar based on a G sensor. It's a rather short time that you pull the high G ... exept for the wind launch of corse.

Good luck getting the two devices to talk to each other.

-Fletcher

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: