Go Down

Topic: Wiring the digital potentiometer AD5280 (Read 55 times) previous topic - next topic

c0rsa1r

Hi all, I'm about to replace a 50k (12v) analog potentiometer with this high voltage digipot.

Honestly, that's not the first time I try to use a digital potentiometer but I'm not very sure of the wirings (because of two different voltages, 5 and 12v).
So, before turning the whole thing on here's the wiring I supposed to be correct.

Using Arduino UNO r3, 50k digipot AD528 datasheet

pin1 = A = 12v
pin2 = W = WIPER
pin3 = B = GND
pin4 = Vdd = 12v
pin5 = SHDN = 5v
pin6 = SCL
pin7 = SDA
pin8 = GND
pin9 = GND
pin10 = GND
pin11 = GND
pin12 = not connected
pin13 = 5v
pin14 = not connected

(4.7k pull-up resistor on both i2c pins, pin 8-9 are tied to GND for the i2c addres)

Are those wirings correct? Any help would be really appreciated!

Thank you!
"The S2000 is nothing so much as a legend in its own time. If you don't like it, you probably haven't driven it hard enough." - Car culture

pylon

If the output of your digital potentiometer is simply an analog value between 0 and 12V this seems to be OK. A and B can be any connection and doesn't have to be GND and 12V.

c0rsa1r

If the output of your digital potentiometer is simply an analog value between 0 and 12V this seems to be OK. A and B can be any connection and doesn't have to be GND and 12V.
Yes, I simply need to replace a 50k normal potentiometer with this one. I measured the voltage across A and B on the analog pot and it's 12v (that's why I wrote 12v in the first post).

Thank you! I'll try right now to power it up!
"The S2000 is nothing so much as a legend in its own time. If you don't like it, you probably haven't driven it hard enough." - Car culture

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy